Architectural Sheet Metal Estimator
This is a general outline of the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as an all-inclusive description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position. When duties and responsibilities change, this job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes based on business necessity.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Estimation of commercial architectural projects from Design of Plan and Specifications.
- Understand the general and insurance requirements
- Manage and prioritize multiple bidding responsibilities.
- Communicate bidding project concerns to general contractors and architects.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and suppliers by specifying materials; identifying qualified suppliers; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Delivers presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Track and report status of estimated projects
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to keep up with company needs.
General Employment Conduct & Responsibilties
- Promote and encourage the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values, and philosophy.
- Attendance on the job, as well as to trainings, continuing education, and meetings as scheduled. Accept additional work assignments as needed.
- Be knowledgeable in and observe all Muza Sheet Metal procedures, and policies.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Cooperate with supervisor in evaluating and improving performance.
- Work cooperatively with all team members.
- Exercise good judgement, decision making, and regard for safety within all aspects of performing job duties.
- Appropriately bring to Management/Human Resource’s attention actual or potential violations of standards, policies, and/or procedures.
- 100% Paid Health Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Disability Insurance
- Growth Potential